It seems reviewing bills before you pay them pays off. It works with household expenditures, and even more so large-scale with company supply chains. Regarding expenses related to transportation, Data2Logistics has amassed a foundation of substantiation chronicling the benefits of pre-auditing freight transportation bills. This data was accumulated via the organization’s processing in excess of US$15 billion in shipping billing annually, leading to determination of the logistical and fiscal benefits of the pre-audit freight billing process to shippers, reducing cost and payment pressures by increasing information access and its visibility, through business intelligence data mining to build databases optimizing supply chain transportation.
Data2Logistics found that pre-audit of shipping transportation billing:
• Determines accuracy consistently of the actual amounts due vs. billed
• Identifies any errors in contracted rates and duplicates of billings
• Recovers freight costs when transportation services are not fulfilled
• Reduces shipper’s internal processing cost (which range from $3 to $11 per bill)
• Ensures timely payment when coupled with a payment service
• Provides Sarbanes-Oxley compliance assistance
• Strengthens relationships between companies shipping products and the carriers they utilize.